Activia Nutrition has carved a niche for itself in the international markets as an Exporter and Supplier of Black Cumin Powder
Black cumin is grown through out Indian subcontinent and Arabia. It has many healing benefits. Traditionally consumed as a herbal life. Black cumin seeds were found in the tomb of a Pharaoh in Egypt. This medicinal herb is mentioned in the Bible as well as in the words of the Prophet Mohammed.
The first major study of Nigella Sativa in cancer prevention was performed by scientists at Cancer Immuno-Biology Laboratory of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. They concluded that a healthy immune system will detect and destroy cancer cells before the cancer endangers the patient. The immune system does this by supporting increased production of immune cells, bone marrow cells, and B-cells that produce antibodies. Black cumin stimulates neutrophil activity. These are the short-lived immune cells that are normally found in bone marrow but mobilized into action when there is a bacterial infection.
Tiny and hairy, being no more than 3mm in length, Black Seed originates from the common fennel flower plant (Nigella Sativa) of the buttercup (Ranunculaceae) family. Nigella Sativa is sometimes mistakenly confused with the fennel herb plant (Foeniculum vulgare).The plant reproduces with itself and black seed forms a fruit capsule which consists of many white trigonal seeds. Once the fruit capsule has matured, it opens up and the seeds contained within are exposed to the air, becoming black in color (black seeds).
Commonly known as the "seed of blessing", it has been used as a natural remedy in the Middle and Far East for more than 2000 years. Black seed provides nutritional support for the body's defense system. In 1959, the active ingredient in black seed, crystalline Nigellone, was first isolated and identified as providing many health benefits. Clinical trials have validated the efficacy of black seed in promoting health and wellness.
The most pertinent point to be made about is that it should be regarded as part of an overall holistic approach to health and ideally should be incorporated into one's everyday lifestyle. In this way, the many nutritional and healing properties contained in the seed can help build the body's immune system over time, supplying it with the optimum resources it needs to help prevent and fight illness.
Using the Black Seed
How Does Black Seed Benefit?
- Black seed as a daily health supplement : Most medicines work best when given a chance to run their full course, and this too, is the case with black seed. In cognizance of its substantial nutritional components, as well as its specific medicinal properties, the body's ability to maintain health and promote healing of a lasting nature is best increased through regular use of black seed.
- Black seed as an energy source : Ibn Sina (980-1037), in describing the black seed as that which "stimulates the body's energy and helps recovery from fatigue or disspiritedness," still holds true for Tibb (Islamic Medicine) health practitioners today. The rich nutritional value contained in black seed as outlined by scientific analysis of black seed, also points to it as a great source of energy.
From the Tibb health perspective, the black seed has an ability to maintain and restore body heat. Our Western diet, predominantly made up of cold foods -- ice in our drinks, yogurt, pizza, cheese -- all deplete the innate heat our body requires in order to optimally function. Tibb holds the view that a reduced metabolic rate (innate heat) is the cause of most illnesses. The body, in losing energy, also loses its ability to fight off toxins, resulting in a greater chance of contracting illness.
- Black seed and other medication : Black seed may be used in conjunction with conventional or other forms of natural medicine. It is not recommended that black seed be used exclusively in the treatment of serious medical complaints which may require more immediate action. For example, conditions like bronchitis sometimes require conventional antibiotics to prevent the condition from becoming more severe. However, black seed may be used as a therapeutic aid together with this and other forms of treatment to help counteract any side effects experienced from the use of antibiotics or other potent, chemically based medicines.
- Pregnancy and lactation : The black seed is not recommended during pregnancy, however during lactation. It is an excellent form of added nutrition for both mother and the growing child while its immune system boosting properties serve as a natural, safe way to build resistance against illness. In addition, as studies have shown, black seed helps increase milk production during breastfeeding.
Initial trials have shown that black seed may have an ability to increase the male sperm count.
- Babies and toddlers : In addition to its many nutritional components, black seed contains carotene, which is essential for infant growth. During the toddler years, black seed provides children with all the energy they require for this active stage of life. Regular usage of black seed, which increases its immune system strengthening effect on the body, will decrease the length and severity of natural childhood illnesses, particularly during winter when children are most susceptible to contracting colds and flu.
- Black seed for the elderly person : Which its rich nutritional, energy-giving value, in combination with immune system strengthening properties, black seed is an ideal health supplement for the elderly person.
The majority of our health problems have the same causes- infection by micro-organisms such as bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. When using clinical (allopathic medicines) each symptom is treated individually and usually with synthetic chemically manufactured medicines that contain alcohol and other harmful ingredients.
Black seed is effective at treating the body as a whole and fights the actual cause of the symptoms.
Black seed regulates too weak or too strong reactions of the immune system, is excellent for treating chronic, allergic and hormonal diseases, black seed support metabolism, improve digestion, helps to lowers blood sugar levels. It is used to dispel worms and parasites from intestinal track. It is useful in soothing bronchitis and coughs, increase body tone, stimulates menstrual periods, increases the flow of breast milk, provides quick energy, increases sperm count, calms the nervous system, encourages hair growth and retards hair fall out, and prevents skin wrinkling.
Habbatul Sawda' Main Characterictics
Habbatul Sawda' is rich in glucose monosaccharide, xylos sdb. unsaturated essential fatty acids (EFA). EFA could not be produced by our body. The main source for it, comes from essential amino acids which produce the carotene protein i.e. Vitamin A, Calcium, Iron, Sodium and Potassium.
Habbatul Sawda' contains eight of the nine essential amino acids, which is high in carotene, calcium, iron, sodium and potassium which our body needs. It is also rich in linoleic and linolenic acid, anti-pyretic, a tonic and anti-bacterial.
A number of studies in Saudi Arabia have shown Habbatul Sawda' to increase the ratio between helper and suppressor T-cells and to increase the functionality of NK cell activity. Habbatul Sawda' contains 67 active ingredients that helps to cure most regular and chronic diseases.